14th Information Studies(IS) Annual Conference AnnouncementWe wish to invite you to participate at the 14th Information Studies (IS) Conference. The conference theme is “Information Ethics in Africa”. The purpose of the conference is to create awareness and popularise Information Ethics as a growing research and teaching domain in Information Studies. Our conference will enable constructive discourse and knowledge sharing among students and staff /faculty. Contributions are invited that address current research issues and debates related largely to information ethics. Themes and sub themes that may be addressed are wide and open, but an advanced academic level of discourse is required in the following areas:
University of Zululand, South Africa
4th – 6th September, 2013
Information ethics concepts and context
African information ethics
Information access, information poverty and digital divide, open access and institutional repositories
Cyber ethics, cyber law, internet ethics and computer ethics
Privacy and surveillance issues
Information policy and legislation – power, politics, law, surveillance, privacy
Cultural dimension of information ethics
Emerging ethical issues
Information ethics implication to: education, research, information and knowledge management, indigenous knowledge, ICT4D, information seeking and retrieval, scholarly publishing, digitization, LIS education and training, e-records management, e-learning and e-government
Call for Papers
The Conference Organizing Committee accepts full papers (FP) of original research and application-orientation, research in progress (RIP) papers and posters not previously presented elsewhere, which make new contributions to the Conference topics.
You are invited to submit an abstract of your proposed paper in the electronic
form (as an attachment to email) according to the following guidelines:
1. The extended abstract should be within 300 -500 words in length.
2. The heading should include the title of your paper, followed by names, affiliations, Email of the author(s).
3. The deadline for submitting proposals is 15th May 2013.
4. Full text should be within 4000 – 6000 words in length (single spaced, size 12, theme fonts- Roman Times, APA referencing style)
5. The deadline for submitting full papers is July 15, 2013.
6. The deadline for Research in Progress and posters is July 30, 2013.
Proposals for papers should be sent to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Full text accepted papers will be published in the conference website and in the conference proceedings before the conference commences. Selected papers may be published in a book or Journal.